Monday, March 17, 2014

Late Night Feedings

You usually wake up twice a night to nurse. Sometimes the first one occurs before I've gone to sleep, sometimes it's like you know I have just closed eyes. I walk back to your room half awake and pick you up out of your crib. We rock, you eat, I pin things on Pinterest for about 30 minutes. I stumble back and go back to sleep for about 3 hours and it starts all over. 
Tonight you started crying right when I looked over at the monitor to check on you. It's like uou knew I was thinking about you! When I came in to feed you I was just overcome with love for you. Sometimes it just hits me how amazing you are. What a blessing you are to our family and a prayer answered. I stand in awe of how beautiful and sweet you have become. My heart is so full of love for you. I hope you always know how much you mean to me and your dad. How much we care about you, love you and want you to have everything you deserve in life. 
Tonight, I'm holding you a little longer than normal. You feel so good in my arms and one day you won't be able to lay like this. One day I won't have to wake up twice a night to feed you. While sometimes I wish I had a little more sleep, I will look back at these moments wishing I could be in here rocking you. 
One day I will miss this. I need to be present in this moment and let it all soak in because this is the best feeling in the world.
I love you with everything that I have precious girl. I know one day you won't want to rock with me or let me hold you but could you just curl up with me? It will do wonders for me. I already know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment