Tuesday, March 18, 2014

6 Month Checkup

Today was your 6 month checkup! You are actually closer to 7 months which is just insane.


You weigh 17 pounds 14 ounces. I was sooo close with my guess of 18 pounds! 
You are 25 inches long.


The doctor said everything looks great and your growth chart is perfect. 


She said that you no longer NEED to eat at night. Right now you are waking up at exactly 11 and 3 to eat. She said since it's exact times and with your age and weight, feeding at night isn't necessary. I don't know how I feel about it. I think 12 hours is a super long time to go without eating. I mean I couldn't even do it. I know you should be sleeping through the night now and teaching you to sleep is do important. But I just don't feel ready to give it up yet. We will have to wait until daddy is home at night because there is no way I can handle it by myself.


She said to let you cry and go in at 5 minutes then 10 minutes. Which is what we have been doing for nap time and when you wake up other than 11 and 3 during the night. It's just going to kill me when 11 comes and your screaming and I know that if I feed you it will make everything better for you right then. What if you are actually hungry at those times?!  But I also understand that it's better for you in the long run. It's going to be so tuff. It's funny that I wrote that post in the middle of the night last night saying I was going to miss those nighttime feedings!


Your new doctor is now leaving! So that means we have already been through two doctors in 6 months. On the way to the doctor I was thinking about possibly switching pediatricians and finding this out pretty much affirmed that we need to switch. The other doctor is in a part of town I'm familiar with and there are people that I went to school with who work there. 


You got your two shots today and I was soooo worried. You proved mommy wrong and did so good. You only cried for a second and were back to your happy self by the time we got you dressed. 



We had a fun afternoon with nana and aunt sis. They helpede straighten the house and finally get all your clothes put away! We are so thankful for them.



I love you baby girl and I'm looking forward to seeing you in the middle of the night tonight! But only at 11 and 3!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment