Sunday, August 2, 2015

Welcome Baby Ella!

On July 23rd, 2015, at 7:20 in the morning, Elizabeth Ann was born!! She weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces and was 20 inches long. 


It was one of the scariest and most amazing moments of my life. I had to have a repeat c section so it was scary thinking about the surgery for so long and wondering what it was going to be like awake since I was put to sleep when Hadley was born. The dr and Charlie kept reassuring me that it was going to be a much better experience and everything would go smoothly. They were so right. It was so amazing being able to hear Ella's first cry and hold her immediately after she was born. She was perfect and I immediately fell so in love with her. 
After she was delivered we went to the recovery room where Charlie, Ella and i could all be together. It was perfect. She was healthy and I couldn't have been happier. I got to be there for her first bath and she never left my side. 




All of the family got to come in and we were able to introduce Ella to them. When Hadley was born, everyone saw her before I was able to so it was such an awesome moment for me to be able to introduce her to the family. 


The next day, Hadley came to meet her new little sister. It was so sweet and she was so good to her. She pointed out Ella's eyes, nose and mouth and was so excited. Ella have Hadley a special baby doll and book and Hadley gave Ella a baby blanket that is just like her special blanket. I loved them giving each other gifts. I was kind of weirded out about Hadley being in the hospital so she didn't stay long and went back to having fun playing with her Grammy. 


We stayed in the hospital for two nights and we were all soooo ready to go home! When Hadley was born, we could have stayed there forever but this time we were ready to be in our own beds and start our life as a family of FOUR. 


Ella's birth taught me that it doesn't matter how the baby comes into the world as long as they are healthy. Having a healthy baby outweighs everything else.  Hadleys birth left me a little traumatized and it was something I would think about and get so upset. Ella's birth completely changed that for me. I am so at peace now with both births and I realized that people put so much pressure on how a baby is born that they may loose sight of the most important thing of the baby being healthy.


Ella is the perfect addition to our family and I can't imagine life without her. She came into this crazy world and immediately our hearts grew with so much love for her. It's crazy that I can love 3 people sooo much at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment