Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Lesson Learned! (For now..)

Today you had a play date with sweet Wils! 

It was soo cute to see you two together and I can't wait to watch y'all grow up together. As soon as we walked in Wils got the biggest smile on his face and was just so excited to see you. It was literally the cutest thing I've ever seen. 

Y'all played for a little bit and then we had lunch! Tippins asked if you would like cheese toast and I stepped out of my comfort zone, as far as food goes for you, and said yes! You LOVED it!


I'm so glad she suggested it and showed me that I don't have to go by the book for every little thing. 


Y'all had such a cute little lunch date!


We played a little more after lunch and then they had to go pick up Elle from camp. You fell asleep as soon as I put you in the car seat! You were wiped out from your play date!

Before the play date I was getting pretty nervous about driving all the way to her house with you and just thinking about everything that could go wrong. I'm not quite used to taking you out by myself yet and I need to be more confident in both of us.
I want to tell you thank you yet again for proving me 100 percent wrong. You were a perfect angel the whole car ride there. While we were at Tippins house you played so nicely and were so sweet to Wils and you eat on the way home. I could not have asked for a better situation. 
Something that you will learn about me, is that I worry A LOT! I worry about what other people are saying or what think of me, I worry about going to play dates and driving long distances (15 minutes....) with precious cargo. I worry about doing things alone and not being able to handle certain situations should they present themselves. 
You taught me today to just relax, breathe, and have trust and confidence in both of us. You are such a sweet baby and I should have had more trust in you that it would all go ok. 
I really, truly hope that you have your daddy's confidence. I hope that you learn from him how to be prepared, calm and ready to handle any situation. But to also be sensitive to others, like me, who may be nervous about something so simple and easy. I'm so thankful for his gentle hand in guiding me when I can be a little bit crazy! The two of you together are going to be an amazing combination on how y'all impact my life! 


Thank you for already teaching me so much about myself at just 9 months. You really have changed my life for the better in more ways than you can ever imagine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment