Monday, April 26, 2010

Last College Class ever.....

So today was my last day of classes for my Senior year.
I only had one class today and it was from 5-7:45.
I had one exam and two presentations...
Luckily, all of it was not as hard as I thought it would be and we walked out 45 minutes early!
I then went to a concert on campus to celebrate the last day of class.
I met up with this fabulous girl:
and saw this amazing man in concert:
COREY SMITH!
now i will be the first to say that my sophomore year playlist consisted solely of Corey Smith songs.
I would listen to them literally every time i turned my ipod on.
Since then I have not really listened as much and I forgot how truly amazing he is.
I was so excited tonight to show of my rapping skills during "Drinkin' again" and finally be able to get all the words right...almost.
He did an amazing job and it was such an awesome end to four years of classes.
He ended the show with "Long way to go".
It was a perfect ending and made me and Christen almost cry thinking about graduating College.
It has been an amazing four years and its seems so surreal that Sociology was my last undergrad class i will ever take.
I honestly, cannot believe it.
During the concert we just kept looking at each other affirming our thoughts on graduating college.
I am ready to graduate, move home, and get married,

but i wish that i could just stop time on the Cistern, under the huge oak trees, listening to "Carolina" and dancing with my friends.

These four years have gone by like a flash of light, I feel like I just graduated from High School.


Change is always something I have had a hard time with.
When I came to college I cried and cried about being TWO hours away from home.
About having the fabulous girl above live literally a few doors down the hall from me and I was soo not happy about it.
I said multiple times how much I hated this stupid city and I how I just wanted to go back to the beach.
(the real beach where you walk to the end of the street, not drive over two bridges and into another city)
I was so ready to give up on all of it but I hung through it all and stayed.

Now I love that two hour drive back home and think the distance is absolutely perfect.
Christen is an amazing person and I cherish all facets of our friendship because it has allowed us each to grow individually and test out true nature.
We are each comfortable with our selves now and that is just what our friendship needed.
This city is honestly the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
I love every single piece of it.
I love that no matter how many times you look down a street you will always find something new.
A new alley to venture down or a new building that takes your breath away.
I love everything about living here and it is going to be so hard to move after graduation.

I have so much to look forward to, but its going to be bittersweet to leave this chapter and move to the next.

I have a long, long way to go
The whole world in front of me, and time moving so slow.
A long, long way to go...

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Looking back, the week between my last exam and graduation was the most fun that I had in my 4 years of college, so enjoy every minute of it!

    And I promise, as exciting as getting married is, nothing replaces those college days & you'll wish for them every day when you have to work a real job. :-)

    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I stumbled across your blog some way, some how . . . :-]
    I graduated in December of 2009 and I know exactly how you feel about finishing college! It's a great feeling, but you'll always miss that "I'm a student" feeling. Congratulations!

    Ashley -- ourlovelikeafingerprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove Cory Smith. Most people I talk to haven't heard of him.
    Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete