Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Day 2014

Today was my first Mothers Day with you here in my arms!!


It was pretty amazing to wake up this morning and hear you say, "MA MA"!!! 
Our day started off a little ruff at around 5:30! You were an early bird this morning and I was not prepared!
Unfortunately we didn't get to go to church this morning because you were sleeping. That really kind of through my morning off. I was so looking forward to church this morning and I was extremely sad when we couldn't go. But it's ok, I watched our cousin Dan preaching on tv and that helped a little bit. 


We went to lunch at pine lakes with my family. Daddy's parents were in Charleston so they didn't get to come. 
We had a great lunch and afterward we went to nanas house for dessert and presents. 
As soon as we got there, Aunt Sis surprised me with this amazing cake!! 


Yes, that is a CHOCOLATE cake with M&Ms and KIT KAT all over it!!!! It's literally the greatest thing ever. Sooo yum!! I can't believe she made that all by herself! Oh and she made Rice Krispie treats!! Ya know, in her spare time...


She also gave me this amazing painting that you both did together. It's sooo sweet and I will treasure it forever!!


Unfortunately daddy had to go to work pretty early today so we all went home and he got ready for work and you took a nap!!


This afternoon we had some excitement when Sadie ran away for a little bit... She was gone for at least 3 hours. It was pretty nerveracking for everyone but Grandbuddy finally found her soaking wet.... I guess she found a place to go swimming!

To end the night nana and aunt sis came over for dinner and we had fun just hanging out. It was such a fun and relaxing day!! 


The only thing that would have made it better is if daddy would have been able to spend more time with us. He did spoil me this Mother's Day with a new comforter for our bed and a subscription for a bouquet of flowers EVERY MONTH!!!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to receive a special surprise each month. 

Even though you have been here for 8 months and will be in my life forever, it's still so hard for me to believe that you are all mine. That my life is forever changed for the better because of you. Sometimes I look at you and just am so overwhelmed with the feeling of love and certainty that I am meant to be your mom. 



Thank you for giving me the title I've always dreamed of. Thank you for making my imaginations and dreams come to reality. Thank you for making your daddy and I parents and for giving us the greatest jobs on earth. We love you with our whole hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment