Sunday, October 24, 2010

Navy Bound.

Charlie left on Friday for Officer Candidate School in Rhode Island.
We had a wonderful week of just being with each other and our families.
I am soo happy to have that time with him and to just be together all day.
Though I am really sad that we won't see each other until Christmas, I am extremely proud of him for following his dreams.  He has always wanted to go into the military and he is finally accomplishing his goals.  It is something everyone dreams of.  He is so strong and I hope I can be a strong support for him.  I have no idea about the military so I am ready blogs, books, and others experiences to see what to expect.  His time away is going to go so fast and in no time it will be December and I will be at the airport picking him up!
This was the view from his room at the Navy Lodge last night.
He went to Dinner last night with his classmates and he had a Calamari Pizza.  I am not too sure what I think about that!
I love Calamari and Pizza, but together sounds kind of nasty! haha
But he said it was really good!
I am going to miss him soo much!
Charlie left Friday morning and his mom asked me to go to Lunch later that day.
We had an awesome lunch at probs my fav restaurant Croissants and then did a little "retail therapy"!
She gave me this awesome wreath that is magnetic and has all different kinds of cute magnets for every season.
The bow was originally red but i painted it Orange for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
For Christmas I will paint it back red and all of the cute christmas magnets.
She got the wreath from Hallmark and they have tons of other designs from this company!
It was a lot of fun getting to spend time with her and I am super excited about decorating my wreath for all the different seasons!

On Friday afternoon Sis and Jan came to stay at my apartment for the weekend. 
We had a blast and it was so good to spend time with both of them!
It was much needed!
We watched movies all day on saturday and didn't change out of our pajamas until dinner!
Jan's boyfriend is in the Navy also so she was so helpful in answering questions and just talking about everything.
I had a bittersweet weekend, It was sad to watch Charlie leave but I was so happy i had my friends and family there for me and we had an amazing time together!

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much and I am so proud of you. You have been so calm and strong and I look to you as an example of what a supportive Navy wife/girlfriend should be! Navy boyfriend or not, I will always be there for support and advice! I am glad that we got to spend the weekend together and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete